As Surfability U.K. CIC celebrates its 5th birthday today, the team here at the Surfability Headquarters are reflecting on the incredible journey Ben and all of his participants, volunteers and supporters have shared.
We would not be where we are today without the help of:
- Steve and the Wales Co-op Centre
- The Prince’s Trust
- Children In Need
- Disability Sport Wales
- Jamie Rewbridge
- Cerebra and UWTSD
- Mark and Swansea University School of Management
- Welsh Surf Federation
- Anna and Rob Parton
- Karenza Cassidy
- Bronwen Warner and The Gumby Legacy
- All our coaches and volunteers
- All our amazing surfers and their families
- Everyone who has fundraised and donated to us
- The LC
- Parmi and IncludeMeToo
- The Team at NPT Children’s Centre
- Rehab Engineering Morristown Hospital
- Special kids
- The Swans Community Trust
- Seren and Kasey
- Simon and Gower Surf
- My family
And a special thanks of course to:
- Elmo for keeping us all fed
- Kai and Leanne for being fearless test pilots
- Toby for all his time and effort volunteering and then coaching
- Ben and Nate for being co-directors and all their advice
- Stu and Steve for being willing to put up with a surf school’s worth of surfboards in your flat when we first started!
- And anyone else who we missed out: We love you all!
And of course, to Benjamin Clifford! Without his incredible and unwavering commitment to his dream of making surfing a reality for everyone in the UK, none of us would be here today!
“Thank you, Ben! There isn’t a day that goes by where you aren’t making the world a better place, adapted wave by adapted wave!”
Well done for building something totally unique on the Gower and UK. Wishing I could be with you to celebrate today. Hope that you start growing more surf schools for the disabled and hope that we get good news about the changing places toilet soon.
My best wishes to everyone
Hi there, I’m a neuro physio living in Porthcawl, but working with brain injury adult patients in the Gwent area. I have a couple young patients who are looking for new challenges and I wondered how we would go about referring them to your charity for a trial session of adapted surfing?
I’m a rubbish surfer, but work as a volunteer beach lifeguard and I love open water swimming so would be very interested in building possible links with you guys!
Let me know how best to contact you
Hi Linda, it’s great to hear from you. Surfing would be a fantastic challenge! You could give our company director, Ben, a ring on 07517230427 to discuss or ping him an email at email@example.com